Installation of TransTools for Word
To install TransTools for Word, download the automatic installer or the manual installation zip package.
There are two ways to install the program:
- Automatically: run TransTools_setup.exe and follow the installer instructions.
After you complete the installation process:
Open Microsoft Word. Depending on your version of Word, you should see the following:
If you don't see it:
- Make sure that you complete installation properly.
- You may also need to close applications which rely on Microsoft Word (e.g. Outlook) and restart Microsoft Word;
- If Adobe Acrobat is installed on your computer, TransTools menu in Microsoft Word 2003 or earlier will not be visible (this is a known bug in Adobe Acrobat), so you will need to right-click Word toolbars and select 'TransTools' from the dropdown menu. This will give you access to all TransTools commands;
- If none of the above fixes the problem, refer to Post-Installation Instructions and Troubleshooting section or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you see TransTools controls, try to run any command, for instance To-Do. If you see an error message, your Macro Security settings are blocking the macros contained in the TransTools add-in. To change your Macro Security settings:
Word 2003 or earlier: go to Tools -> Macro -> Security... and click Trusted Publishers tab. At the bottom of the dialogue you will see a checkbox named 'Trust all installed add-ins and templates' . Enable/check this checkbox and click . Restart Microsoft Word. This should allow you to run TransTools commands.
Word 2007 or later: open Word Options dialogue by clicking the large Microsoft Office icon in the top left corner (Word 2007) or File tab (Word 2010+) and then clicking button or Options menu at the bottom.
Select [Trust Center] from the list on the left and then click Trust Center Settings... to the right;
Select 'Add-ins' from the list on the left and make sure that 'Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher' and 'Disable all Application Add-ins (may impair functionality' are NOT checked.