The commands in this section are a useful addition to many CAT tools, e.g. SDL Trados (including SDL Trados Studio and Trados 2007), memoQ, Memsource, Déjà Vu, Wordfast, OmegaT, etc.
||Collection of tools for preparation of badly formatted documents for translation.
||Use this command:
- to remove excessive tags (in CAT tools) caused by bad formatting in documents produced by OCR and PDF conversion tools
- to remove unnecessary bookmarks in order to minimize tags in CAT tools
- to take text out of frames created by some OCR tools
- to remove vertical and horizontal lines created by OCR tools
- to align columns after joining multi-page tables in documents produced by OCR or PDF conversion tools
- to resolve common formatting problems in documents produced by OCR or PDF conversion tools
|Hide / Unhide Text
||Hides text that does not require translation, or unhides all text in the document
||Use this command:
- to hide specific parts of a document before importing the document into CAT software. For example, you can do this to translate added paragraphs, or create a bilingual document by duplicating all content and hiding the source language part.
- to unhide all text in a document after exporting the selectively translated document from your CAT software.
|Segmented Text Coloring Tool
||Colors tag-delimited segmented text for easier proofreading
||This tool is designed for Wordfast Classic and SDL Trados 2007 users as well as those who need to proofread or translate segmented documents in Trados Tag-delimited DOC format. It re-colors the current document to simplify proofreading / translation as follows:
- it changes highlight color of delimiters depending on match percentage, making it easier to concentrate more on lower-percentage segments, especially when you trust higher percentage matches,
- it changes font color of source text, making it easier to distinguish it from target text.
|Check for clean document
||Checks whether the document was completely cleaned by SDL Trados 2007 or Wordfast Classic
||Use to verify that the document contains no SDL Trados 2007 / Wordfast Classic formatting such as tags and hidden text, which is essential before sending the file to the client
|Configure clean-up/restore rule
||Configures Word's Find/Replace dialogue for manual clean-up, restoring of source text, or swapping source and target text
||Use to clean-up sections that are not cleaned by SDL Trados 2007 (i.e. headers and footers, text boxes, etc); to restore source text in an uncleaned document; to swap source and target text in order to clean up into a reverse translation memory
|Copy all selected text (clipboard)
||Copies selected text (including hidden text) to clipboard
||Use if you need to copy the entire contents of the selection (i.e. with hidden text). For example, you may copy bilingual segmented text (i.e. with source and target text) in order to include in your glossary, etc.
|Paste unformatted text (clipboard)
||Pastes text without formatting from Windows clipboard
||Use to paste text into the current open segment so that the formatting of the pasted text matches the formatting of the open segment
|Internal text copy&paste commands
||Works as a replacement for Windows clipboard for copying and pasting of text between segments
||Use to work around a limitation of SDL Trados 2007 / Wordfast Classic which makes it impossible to use Windows clipboard when a segment is closed or opened
|Apply & remove Marching Ants formatting
||Applies or removes Marching Red Ants and Marching Black Ants formatting (for Wordfast Classic)
||Marching Red Ants and Marching Black Ants are special formatting properties that can be applied to text in Word documents to indicate that it should not be translated by Wordfast Classic. Because in Word 2007 and above you can no longer apply this formatting using the Font dialogue, these macros should bring back the old functionality.
|Apply Trados 2007 / Wordfast Classic internal / external styles
||Applies Trados 2007 / Wordfast Classic internal / external styles
||Useful if you want to apply special internal (tw4winInternal) and external (tw4winExternal) styles to text in Word documents to indicate that this text must not be translated by Trados 2007 and some other CAT tools.
|Set variable row height
||Removes fixed row height setting from selected table cells
||Allows to translate text in fixed-height rows using SDL Trados 2007 or Wordfast Classic
|Quick-clean the document
||Cleans the document quickly without need for using Trados Translator's Workbench
||Allows to clean small documents - emails, memos, etc. Useful if you are using SDL Trados 2007 and Word together.