TransTools Utilities is a special Windows program with a number of useful commands that translators can use in a multitude of Windows programs.
- System integration of Glossary Search: when you select a word or phrase in any Windows program and press a special key combination, Excel will launch (if not running) and Glossary Search command will be activated.
- Paste Unformatted Text: this command pastes the current clipboard text in any Windows program without preserving the text's formatting.
- Insert Symbol: allows you to insert special symbols into the active Windows program.
- MemoQ Tag Shift: this command will be useful for those of you whose use memoQ. It will remove all tags from the current target segment and re-insert the tags at the very end of the segment.
How does it work?
Once installed, TransTools Utilities is placed in Windows Start-Up folder (found on the Start menu), so it launches every time you start up Windows. TransTools Utilities icon will also be visible in the system tray (in the bottom-right corner of the screen), so you can right-click the icon and communicate with the program via its menu.
To use TransTools Utilities, you have two options:
- you can activate the general menu (by pressing a configurable key combination) which provides access to all the available commands:
- you can set a specific key combination for any command and press that key combination directly.
Suggestions for improving TransTools
TransTools Utilities is a very young product. Please send your feedback on how to improve the existing features and your suggestions for new functionality – for the benefit of the translation community worldwide. Improve TransTools here.